The Planning Committee (PC) of the CCTA Board of Commissioners oversees the long-term planning functions of the Authority, including:
- Development of the county's Growth Management Program (GMP), the Countywide Transportation Plan (CTP), the Congestion Management Program (CMP), and the Congestion Management Plan Capital Improvements Program;
- Oversight of computerized transportation demand modeling and land use database;
- Review and comment on the Metropolitan Transportation Commission's biennial Regional
- Transportation Plan (RTP) and related processes;
- Planning studies conducted with other agencies, carpools, vanpools and park and ride funds, and the Transportation Fund for Clean Air (TFCA) program.
The Planning Committee is charged with the development of the Congestion Management Agency (GMP, CMP, and TFCA) Budget, and legislation relating to the above.
The Planning Committee meets on the first Wednesday of each month, at 6:00 p.m. and determines the funding allocations for the Authority's transportation demand management (ridesharing and transit incentive) program.